Monday, November 12, 2007

I stepped down.

Yeah, you read right. I'm stepping down from my post as CEO of Adobe effective December 1.

Shantanu will be taking over at that point. I'll be on the Board and serve as an adviser 'till the end of Fiscal Year 2008... so I'll be gone around the beginning of 2009.

I made a personal decision to step down, so do me and my family a favor and don't hunt us down just to ask me why I'm leaving.. I think the stock options transaction from a few days ago should have tipped more people off, but it obviously didn't.

I guess this ends my diary. Ahhhhhh dear. So much fun writing stuff that no one has read. No word on whether Shantanu will start his own. Knowing that he's gonna be like everything at once, I doubt it.

Well, I guess this is goodbye. Goodbye, Adobe.

-Bruce

1 comment:

simonconlin said...

Bruce, I can only say
all the best and good luck for the future

and most of all. thank you for saving Flash from the clutches of M$oft

~Simon Conlin